PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Big Daddy Moment

Yup.  Two posts in one day.

LJ had his evaluation earlier (see previous post) and I'd promised to take him to McDonald's.   I can't stand that place.  I've been boycotting it.   The food is disgusting.   The point I was at earlier I would've probably promised ANYTHING for my sanity!

Okay, moving on since this isn't about the million things I hate about them... or is it?

::pull up to drive-thru squawk box::

"Welcome to McDonald's can I take your order?"
"Sure... is it breakfast or lunch right now?"
"It's 10:29."
"Okay... ummm... what does that mean?"
::long pause::
"Breakfast."
"Okay, can I please order a happy meal off the lunch menu in addition to breakfast?"
(as some McDonald's DO let you order lunch at breakfast, but not vice versa)
::long pause::
"No.  It's 10:29."
"Okay, when CAN I order lunch?"
::long pause::
"At 10:30."
"I'm sure we've gone back and forth for a minute... so is it 10:30 yet?"
::long pause::
"It's 10:29."
"Fine.  I'll take two mcmuffins and a large Hi-C and drive around again.   By the time I get to you it'll be 10:30 so can I  please just order a happy meal so I can pay all at once?"
::insert LJ SCREAMING at the top of his lungs that he wants a happy meal and how I promised him blah, blah, blah... and enter complete meltdown mode.::
::long pause::
"No you can't.  It's 10:29."
(I'm certain it's been over a minute... in fact my clock says 10:34 at this point)
"Can you please ask a manager since I'm CERTAIN it's after 10:30?"
"No, I cannot.  It's 10:29"
(on my clock it's 10:35 now)
"Fine.  That's all then.   I'll drive around again for the rest."
::pull up to window to pay::
::window person looks at the register::
"It's 10:30.  We're no longer serving breakfast.   Do you want to order something from the lunch menu instead?"

*dies*

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Man I woulda have a snap moment.. LOL
    Really?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was joking... seriously.

      Then they forgot his soda so I had to argue for that.

      We got home and although it advertises Green Lantern they gave him a Transformer toy.

      All that and he refused to eat because it was the wrong damn toy. *sigh*

      Delete
  2. WTF, seriously?! My McD's would totally just let you order off the lunch menu by then. That shit's ridiculous >:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck! *hugs you before you beat someone to death*

    For that VERY reason I hate McDonalds. Do NOT fuck with our kids after evals ... if it SAYS Green Lantern, give a freakin GREEN LANTERN. They will obsess over that shit and it will be an ISSUE all fucking DAY. I mean, I get they have a job to do and whatnot ... but shiiit. You have this kid in your car who has just gone through hell --- and they wanna "surprise" him. I hope your day looks up.

    Ohhhh. And if you call corporate, they send you McDonalds free shit/food vouchers. Javi used to work for McDOnalds (HE WASN'T THAT ASSHOLE SERVER, more like laid back manager!) <3

    ReplyDelete